Giant Army is looking for a graphics developer to join our team and help improve Universe Sandbox ². You will be working closely with our team’s lead graphics developer to help develop, improve, and maintain assets and visual effects. As your skills and experience with the position grow, you will begin to maintain entire visual subsystems of Universe Sandbox ².
This is a full-time, remote position.
Join us. We’re making something incredible that’s unlike anything else.
- Work independently with guidance from Georg, our lead graphics developer, to help with the areas described below
- Maintain source assets by integrating new data, such as updated elevation maps
- Prepare assets for use in the engine, such as importing and error checking models and textures and creating and assigning materials
- Procedurally or manually generate textures for shader effects and surfaces
- Research and develop new visual effects
- Develop and maintain code used to connect visual and simulation systems
- Communicate and work with team scientists and Dan, the creator and director, toward accurate and realistic representation
- Self-driven and talented programmer
- Writes clean code that is comprehensible to teammates
- Excited about helping develop a tool that allows users to experiment with simulations, pushing the boundaries of what has been done in real-time for public consumption
- (Strong C# & Unity Engine experience) || (Experience with an entity component model & object-oriented programming)
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines, rendering techniques, and graphics-related math
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders (HLSL, GLSL, Cg)
- Appreciation for, and focus on, realism and detail
- Familiar with version control (we use GitHub), task-management system (we use GitHub+ZenHub), unit tests, code reviews, and so forth
- Works collaboratively (and remotely)
- Passion for science and astronomy
Giant Army is the company behind Universe Sandbox ². Our headquarters are in Seattle, Washington, USA, with team members across the United States, Germany, and Denmark.
Team members enjoy a flexible, collaborative environment. We strive for work-life balance, and we pursue the features that get us excited about science. We do the work so that we can share that with others. We’re committed to creating an accessible experience that can’t be found elsewhere.
Science is for everyone, and we welcome all qualified applicants.
Universe Sandbox ² is a space simulator that merges real-time gravity, climate, collision, and physical interactions to reveal the beauty of our universe and the fragility of our planet. It’s more than a game; it’s a way of experiencing and learning about reality in a way that’s never been done before.
Universe Sandbox ² was recently named the Best VR Experience of 2016 by the Escapist and has a ‘Very Positive’ rating on Steam with 93% positive user reviews out of 3000+.